his protocol is intended to be a general outline only. The physician reserves the right to either advance or delay this protocol as deemed necessary. If so, this should be done by direct communication with the therapist, or in writing on the therapy referral form given to the patient on the day of surgery.
- Physical Therapy will begin immediately post-operatively and will continue 3-6 months.
- HEP will be performed as instructed by Physical Therapist beginning with one pre-op appointment.
- PCL to be protected for the first 12 weeks, with posterior tibial translation to be restricted during this time. Addition of ACL reconstruction does not change the time frame of the PCL protocol.
- At 12 weeks, solid graft to bone healing time should occur.
- Weightbearing status: If isolated PCL injury, TTWB may begin 4 weeks post-op and advance gradually t